Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday to My sister-in-law Keri today who is one of the most considerate thoughtful people I have ever met. She is also one heck of a runner! We love you Ker.

- Now on with the random thoughts -

While attempting to unpack my office today I found a box of files loaded with memorabilia. It put a hault to my unpacking but gave a welcomed outlet on a not so good day. My favorite find was a pile of great talks, quotes and letters that lifted my spirits. So I thought that I would start sharing a thought here and there from what I find in hopes that some of you might find your spirits lifted as well.
"Look to see that most endings are actually beginnings of new and better things."
So here is my worry with Savannah and hopefully someone can help. Lately she seems to fall apart whenever she doesn't get what she wants. She either folds her arms and turns away with a "humph" or she will put her hands in her mouth and start to cry. I am not sure how to handle this the right way. I don't want to be-little her feelings, but I don't want her to throw a fit every time either. Maybe she is still adjusting to all the changes - who knows. Feel free to give me guidance, it would be much appreciated.
On with more random thoughts. The sunset here tonight was absolutely amazing. I wish the picture I took would have turned out. The entire sky was on fire with pinks, reds, and oranges. I just love the sunsets here. Every night Savannah says, "Mom, hurry come look at the most beautiful sunset ever." It's always during dinner so we all get up and run outside to see the beautiful sky. We are lucky to live in a culd-a-sac so we don't have a lot blocking are view. What a blessing.
It's getting warmer - b/n 70's and 80's most days. Way too hot for March. Which tells me that I am going to have a harder time than expected as the summer gets into full swing. All I can say is SLC here I come. I can't wait for the cool summer nights!
My sisters are coming this tomorrow with there kids and I can't wait! I love my sisters, love, love, love them. Did I mention that all the kids are coming too. Except for Will (we will miss him), but that is going to be a house full os girls. Poor Brock. I'm guessing he will work harder than ever this week just to stay away from the excess amount of estrogen. But what a lucky girl I am to have them visit. Interesting thought: I move hundreds of miles away from my family and yet I have had more visitors in the last 2 months than I had in a year living only 40 miles away. I don't get it, but I'll take it.

4 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Jen, I loved your post and your quote. It is so true that things just continue to build on each other and we just keep on learning because life doesn't stop! There is always so much to learn. As far as Savannah goes, I'm not the one to ask about that mom stuff. Ask your sisters (your VISITORS!) Can I be your next visitor? Love ya Jen.

Anne said...

Don't worry about Savannah, Jenny. You're a good mom, and she's probably just adjusting. The sunsets are AWESOME there! I'm glad you get to enjoy them. It's cute to hear how you've taught Savannah how to appreciate nature. That's so you. So, how about Vegas? Shall we meet there? I think it would be great one weekend to escape. The guys can handle the kids, :)

Alta said...

Jen-
Lizzie totally does that. It is something that little girls do all of the time. You are a great mom and she is lucky to have a mom that is so patient. She will grow out of it, but it might take a couple of years. I miss you!

Sum & Ben said...

Hey Jenny... It's Summer! I am so glad that are a blogger too!! I don't even know how I found your blog, but I am so glad that I did! Your girls are darling!! We have a little Lucy too..I love the name! Hopefully we can keep in touch better through this crazy blogging world...it is kind of addicting!! Our blog is: izzyabbyzekelucy.blogspot.com... Talk Care!
-Summer-